2018 Kia Sorento Trim Levels
When a car has five different trim levels like the 2018 Kia Sorento does, drivers in the Avon, Indianapolis, and Plainfield areas have so many more excellent features to choose from.
Do you need a breakdown of what each Kia Sorento trim level has to offer? Then you’ll want to check out this review by the Andy Mohr Kia team.
Kia Sorento Base Trim: The L
In order to really demonstrate what the Kia Sorento has to offer, we need to start from the bottom. To be more specific, we need to explain the many highlights of the Sorento base trim: The L.
Sorento L Performance
Standard in the base trim level of the 2018 Kia Sorento, you’ll find a 2.4L inline 4-cylinder engine. Thanks to its engine optimizations, this outfit is able to produce 185 horsepower and 178 lb-ft of torque.
This front-wheel drive vehicle also comes with an electronically controlled 6-speed automatic transmission with Overdrive. Combine that with Sportmatic™ shifting, and you have a truly smooth and responsive SUV on your hands.
For your safety, the Sorento L comes with a number of different technologies.
Vehicles Stability Management, Electronic Stability Control, and the Traction Control System start off this cadre. As a combined force, they reduce wheel-spin, improve grip, and enhance your overall handling. Hill Start Assist Control is also included. These can be helpful if you’re stuck on a steep incline at any point.
Lastly, you can make use of the rearview camera system, which ought to make parking a total breeze.
The interior of the Sorento L comes trimmed in cloth with the YES® Essentials fabric treatment. This helps to resist stains and wick away moisture.
Other convenience features include the remote keyless entry system and steering wheel-mounted media controls. These mounted controls are a nice complement to your entertainment system, which includes Bluetooth®, a 4.3-inch touchscreen, and 6 speakers.
Kia Sorento Trim Differences
You get a lot just in the base trim of the 2018 Kia Sorento. However, the remaining trim levels build on this array, adding in more features with each iteration. Here are the highlights.
V6 powertrain optional
- Roof rails
- Sound-absorbing windshield glass
- Windshield wipers with de-icer
- USB ports
- 50/50 split-folding 3rd-row seats and sliding 2nd-row seats
V6 powertrain optional
- Turbo 4-cylinder (240 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque)
- Heated, power-folding exterior mirrors with turn signal indicators
- Leather seating
- 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
- UVO link Infotainment System with 7-inch touchscreen
- Push-button start
- Blind-Spot Detection with Lane-Change Assist
- Smart Power Liftgate with sensors
- V6 engine (290 horsepower and 252 lb-ft of torque)
- Panoramic sunroof
- Memory driver’s seat and mirror position
- UVO geo with 8-inch touchscreen and voice-command navigation
- Infinity® Premium Surround Sound Audio with 10 speakers
- Smart Welcome
- Surround View Monitor
- Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Forward Collision Warning System
- Advanced Smart Cruise Control
- Premium Napa leather seat trim
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated 2nd-row outboard seats
Test Drive the 2018 Kia Sorento
With five different trim levels, the 2018 Kia Sorento ought to please almost all Avon, Indianapolis, and Plainfield drivers.
Want to take the Sorento for a spin? Contact Andy Mohr Kia to schedule your test drive today.